JOB CODE: [RM1004]
REPORTS TO TITLE: Chief Marketing Officer
I. Job Overview:
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director/Sr. Director, Corporate Communications will drive the strategy development and execution for all corporate communications, promotion, media engagements, and public relations. They will develop and oversee implementation of organization-wide plans to achieve program goals and increase visibility for a broad and diverse range of business and marketing communications.
II. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage company brand and reputation, ensuring that the public views the organization favorably
- Decision-making, strategic analysis, planning and budgeting for the corporate communications unit
- Foster a culture of change and innovation in a collaborative style – to build consensus and influence support for communication initiatives throughout the organization and the broader community.
- Serve as communications liaison with Ambry and Invicro teams, overseeing the development and implementation of effective communications strategies.
Communications Strategy and Implementation
- Develops and implements a communications strategy for the corporation that builds and maintains a positive corporate brand.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and subsidiary companies to create and launch high impact press releases and communication campaigns.
- Ensure that all media opportunities for CEO and executive leadership are fully vetted.
- Oversees corporate communications and branding in various online and print platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and industry magazines.
- Provides consistent and timely information to employees through various communications programs.
- Acts as corporate spokesperson and responds to members of the media in a timely manner; composes and distributes press releases.
- Develops and maintains positive professional relationships with various members of the media.
- Assists executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate messages.
- Provides suggestions concerning graphics, clarity, distribution, and press releases to Finance and Accounting departments for preparation of the corporation’s annual report.
- Develops, implements, and adheres to communications budget.
- Develops, composes, distributes, and implements polices to enhance the efficiency of the communications department and to further develop the building and maintaining of a positive corporate brand.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
III. Managerial Responsibilities:
Does this position directly supervise others? YES
- Size of Team: 1
- Job Titles: Content Writer
IV. Education And Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Communications, Marketing emphasis; MBA or master’s degree preferred
V. Technical Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications.
- Ability to offer sound media relations advice to senior leadership.
- Excellent managerial and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with corporate management, employees, media, and the larger community.
- Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams in order to present a coherent message.
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing leadership roles – a confident, driven and dynamic leader with promotions of increasing responsibility
- Strong data analysis orientation, using metrics to drive marketing decisions and strategic objectives
- Goal oriented, strategic big picture thinker, a motivated self-starter with exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel as needed
- 8-10 years of experience in communications/public relations for healthcare, diagnostic, or life science company, including supervisory, preferred.