Last Updated: June 20, 2023
REALM IDx, Inc. (“REALM,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) explains our practices and guidelines to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information that we collect when you use our website, realmidx.com, (“Website”) and any REALM application or services that link to this Privacy Notice (“Services”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to any websites, applications, or online services under our subsidiaries, Ambry Genetics Corporation or Invicro, LLC.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time (see “Revisions to our Privacy Notice” below). Please check the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on our Website. Your continued use of our Website or Services after we have posted our changes is your acceptance of those changes, so please check this Privacy Notice periodically for updates. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you visit and interact with our Website, we collect information about you, including personal information. “Personal Information” means information that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify, locate, or contact you. The Personal Information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with our Website and the choices you make, the services and features you use, your location, and applicable laws, but can include the following:
- Personal information you provide to us. We collect your name, phone number, physical address, and email address when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you join our mailing list, subscribe to REALM updates, apply for a job, or contact us.
- Communication Information. We retain records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us, such as when you submit a comment or question.
- Event Information. When you register to attend one of our webinars or attend a tradeshow or conference where we are in attendance, we may collect contact information such as your name, e-mail address, job title and organization and similar personal identifiers you provide.
- Other Information. We may collect other Personal Information we specifically request or you voluntarily provide.
You are not required to provide us with any Personal Information that we request from you. However, failure to provide such information may limit what we are able to do for you. For example, refusing to provide your e-mail address may prevent us from providing you with important information about our Website or Services.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY?
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Device information. When you use a computer or mobile device to access our Website or Services, we collect basic information about your browser and operating system, such as model number.
- Location Data. We collect aggregated and anonymized location data.
HOW DO WE USE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES?
When you use our Website, our third-party service providers may collect information from you through the following ways:
- Social Media Plug-ins. We may use social media plug-ins on our Website to enable you to easily share information with others. We use the information collected from the plug-ins to learn about your interests and to help us better understand how to serve you. This information may include your preferences about how to contact you or further develop a business or professional relationship with you, your product preferences, languages, marketing preferences, and some demographic data. These plug-ins may include those from companies like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. The social media plug-ins may allow these companies to receive directly identifiable Personal Information about you and your visit to our Website. When you visit our Website, the operators of the social media plug-ins on our Website place cookies on your computer that enable them to recognize you on websites belonging to them and their affiliates and partners after you have visited our Website, or that enable them to add the information collected from your visit to our Website with your prior activity on those websites. The social media plug-ins collect this information about users whether they specifically interact with the plug-in or not, and it may enable social media companies to share information about your web-browsing navigational information with some of their other users. REALM does not control what information is collected by the social media plug-ins or the information practices adopted by those social media companies. For more information about social plug-ins from social media websites, you should refer to those companies’ privacy and data sharing statements.
- We use third party widgets on our Website. A “widget” is a code added to a website to grab content from another website. These other websites may be tracking users. You can find their Privacy Notice by clicking on their name below:
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use Personal Information or non-personally identifiable information collected from you in the following ways:
- To provide you with services and products.
- For marketing and analytics purposes.
- To provide safety and security features.
- To maintain, improve, and develop services and products.
- To sign you up for our newsletters or other communications, or subscribe or unsubscribe you to our mailing list upon your request.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries and complaints, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To detect and remove spammers, detect and remove non-compliant images, etc.
- To evaluate you as a qualified candidate for employment or to provide services to us.
- To investigate and respond to suspected illegal activities or fraud.
- To comply with applicable federal, state, and other laws and regulations and respond to law enforcement requests or other valid legal requests and as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
- For any other purpose with your consent or authorization (where legally required).
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Limitations on Sharing Personal Information. REALM will not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose any of your Personal Information to any third party except as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- Internally. We may disclose your Personal Information to our corporate parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other parties who require such information to assist us with establishing, maintaining, and managing our business relationship with you, including contacting you directly.
- Third Parties. We may disclose your Personal Information to our third-party service providers who need access to your Personal Information to perform their work on our behalf, including third party auditors, consultants and professional organizations. These service providers have agreed not to sell or distribute your Personal Information to any other party. In addition, REALM may share non-personal, anonymous, summary, or aggregate user data with its membership and other third parties.
- Successors. In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, Personal Information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us. We also may disclose this information in connection with the due diligence for any such transaction. Any acquirer or successor of REALM may continue to use your data as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- Legal or Government Requests. We may disclose your Personal Information if permitted or required by law or in response to a law enforcement or other legal request and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Protection of Rights and Interests. We also may disclose your Personal Information if we believe such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or necessary to protect the public from harm.
- Other Purposes. We may use your information for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify an individual, without restriction.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION OF THIRD PARTIES?
By using our Website or Services, you acknowledge and affirm that you have provided notice to, and obtained consent from, any third party individual whose personal information you supply to us.
- Marketing Communication Opt-out. You can opt out of receiving one of our e-mail marketing communications by following the instructions for unsubscribing contained in the e-mails. Please allow us ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete the removal.
- Accessing Your Personal Information. You may review and request changes to your contact information or other Personal Information that we collect and hold about you by contacting our Privacy Office by one of the methods listed under Contact Us.
DO WE RESPOND TO DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS?
“Do-not-track” is a web browser setting that requests that a website disable its tracking of a user. Like many other websites, our Website does not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
REALM takes reasonable precautions so that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Information that you provide to REALM through our Website is encrypted using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology. Your information is processed and stored on controlled servers with restricted access. Transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to REALM. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
REALM will retain Personal Information collected from you only as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different services, actual retention periods can vary.
DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION OF MINORS?
In all events, REALM does not intend that any portion of its Website will be accessed or used by persons under the age of thirteen, and such use is prohibited. By using our Website, you confirm that you are not under the age of 13. REALM will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from any child under the age of 13 without the prior consent of the parent or legal guardian. If you believe we may have information about a child under the age of 13, please contact our Privacy Office by one of the methods listed under Contact Us below. You may review and request the deletion of your child’s Personal Information or prohibit the further use of such information.
REVISIONS TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time and for any reason, in our sole discretion, without notice, by updating this Privacy Notice. Accordingly, users are strongly encouraged to review our Privacy Notice regularly. If we decide to change our Privacy Notice, the revised version will be effective the date it is posted, which is identified at the top of the page. Your continued access or use of our Website following the posting of changes to this Privacy Notice means that you accept such revisions, changes and/or amendments. If you object to any of the changes to this Privacy Notice, please stop accessing our Website. Please check this page frequently and review any changes to this Privacy Notice carefully so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
HOW TO CONTACT US?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, you can contact us at , by using the Contact Us page, or by regular mail at:
Attn: Privacy Office
REALM IDx, Inc.
Aliso Viejo, California 92656